The of the DRIVER+ 1 includes a massive cross-border release of liquid toxic substances as a result of maintenance failure in a reservoir collecting chemical wastes. Two crises management centres on both sides of the border and the on-site operation commanding centre based in the field have to exchange information and coordinate their activities in the phase of the .
The central area of Austria has been struck by a heavy earthquake and subsequent heavy rains! The local region of Eisenerz (in Styria, Austria) is one of the most affected with missing persons, casualties, collapsed buildings, blocked roads, and endangered industries working with hazardous substances. simulates the large-scale to the involving the national response organizations, international assistants and a large amount of spontaneous volunteers.
The of 2 simulates the to a large forest fire in a typical Mediterranean environment (South-East of France, Bouches-du-Rhône department, Alpilles area). The severit of the fire requires cross-border coordination and information exchange across organisational and state borders as well as along the command chain.
This simulates the early warning , , information exchange and decision making in the context of flooding in the area of The Hague, Netherlands. It features several sub-scenarios, related to:
- Threat Phase - early warning and setting up of the management organisation (2-5 days before )
- Impact Phase - the lock of Scheveningen collapses, the dikes near Wateringse Veld and Leidscheveen are threatened. Many citizens to be rescued.
- Cascading effects - flood results in water pollution power outages and telecommunications failures.
The will be focusing on information exchange among the EUCP Modules, EUCPT (closely linked to TAST) and LEMA as well as situation reporting to ERCC.
- Large Forest Fires (FF) are spreading in a fictional, non-EU country “X”. National capabilities of country “X” are not sufficient to manage the FF.
- Request for an assistance is prepared by country “X” and EUCPM is activated.
- Modules and assets are offered by the Member States.
- Upon acceptance of the modules, country “X” LEMA is working closely with EUCPT on site.