Making and registering the observations as soon as possible (in time and place)
Registering as many as possible facts in real time, possibly in field (FSX,TTX), improves the impartiality of collected observations due to avoiding opportunity for interpretation from the observers’ sides. Moreover, it helps to distribute collection activities in both phases: during and after the , providing logistical advantage. Lastly, the observations are available in the database earlier, giving the opportunity to be used for introducing the corrections after each stage of the , so the information use also for exercise conducting purposes.
Following solutions could be addressing this gap.
The observations should be registered right after the observed fact or event. The information should be fed in real time into the central database.
Rationale & related CM function(s)
- Sufficient understanding of the crisis/disaster management system evaluated
- Simulation Control
- Key Performance Indicators, utilized to measure the performance of exercise participants
- Procedures or methods to structure and conduct effective exercise evaluation
- Equipment required to measure performance of exercise participants
- Communication structure and protocols used to communicate between evaluation staff and other relevant actors
- Tools and methods to process perceptions in order to generate evaluation insights (e.g. through efficient compilation, analysis, data visualization, etc.)
|Portfolio of Solutions web site has been initially developed in the scope of DRIVER+ project. Today, the service is managed by AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH., for the benefit of the European Management. PoS is endorsed and supported by the Disaster Competence Network Austria (DCNA) as well as by the STAMINA and TeamAware H2020 projects.|