It is an optimal all-in-one software for the collection, communication and management of operationally relevant information. ASIGN supports the collection and communication of photos, videos, geo-texts, tracks and forms in a very bandwidth efficient manner. Specifically, it can communicate photos and video with 99% bandwidth reduction, enabling communication even through low bandwidth cellular and mobile satellite communication networks while maintaining full precision and accuracy.
ASIGN is comprised of the ASIGN Server, a cloud-based platform from which the incoming information is managed, plus the field user applications ASIGN PRO and UAV-ASIGN, which collect and send information from the field to the Server, all with end-to-end encryption. Photos and videos sent through the ASIGN field user applications arrive up to 100x faster at their destination, enabling a better-informed and swifter decision-making process and subsequent action.
The main ASIGN PRO and ASIGN Server capabilities include:
- Reliable communication of highest precision geo-spatial photo and video content even in low-bandwidth situations.
- 'Details by demand' methodology allows for full-precision data while focusing network resources on sending operationally relevant content.
- Professional camera and 360 video camera integration.
- Increased field team coordination through ‘live mission stream’ function, enabling team members to view what their team members are contributing.
- Tracking function and geo-zone alert abilities for increased coordination and user safety
- The creation and dissemination of customized Assessment Forms and collaborative reports, as well as the exporting of the collected data
- A common operational picture, with a powerful backend system with user / mission management capabilities.
- Classification and categorisation capabilities for better data management and analysis
ASIGN’s functions have been specifically developed to target the speed and efficiency of time-critical data collection, communication and development of situational understanding in order to reduce and time.
Supported Use Cases
Disaster Assessment Tool
Reducing response time through efficient data collection, communication and situational understanding
|Portfolio of Solutions web site has been initially developed in the scope of DRIVER+ project. Today, the service is managed by AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH., for the benefit of the European Management. PoS is endorsed and supported by the Disaster Competence Network Austria (DCNA) as well as by the STAMINA and TeamAware H2020 projects.|