The main concept behind is to monitor and control Emergencies and to manage a pool of Resources to support the assistance provided during emergencies. PROTECT uses a map oriented user approach powered by the know-how and skills from Alert4All, featuring the monitoring and reporting on the development of each , management of all documents related to the scenario, management and dissemination of messages and notifications, collection and retrieval of lessons learnt.
Supported Use Cases
PROTECT UC-01 resource management
This UC illustrates the PROTECT resource management concept and functionality.
PROTECT receives information on the incident occurring from some external entity and starts the following workflow:
- Local Operational Centre (LOC) completes the information on the incident
- National Operational Centre (NOC) is informed
- LOC requests assistance for any local, regional or international civil protection organization already registered in Protect
- LOC uses PROTECT to collect offers for assistance from any civil protection organization
- NOC also offers for assistance
- LOC accepts or refuse the offers
- LOC informs all involved entities about the resources now available
Information exchange with external entities and systems is realised using EMSI protocol.