Backtracking of potentially infected persons (Johanniter Austria)
If a patient is identified as infectious after he/she was transported by the ambulance, we have to backtrace all contact persons of the ambulance car team and test them, as the car is not disinfected after each transport.
COLLECTION OF PARTICIPANT FEEDBACK (INEGMA-E²)
In order to have a complete understanding of the way that the exercise manages to create an environment in which the participants reach their training objectives, it is necessary to gather their feedback.
Data management: Data collection, data analysis and reporting (INEGMA-E²)
Data managment runs almost throughout the whole exercise cycle, from preparation, to conduct, analysis and reporting, even if evaluators are not heavily involved during the planning phase. It is useful to provide some guidance to evaluators for the content of data collection, usually this is developed in two pillars: evaluation of players performance and exercise conduct. There are different methods for data collection: through evaluators input, feedback from participants, recording, possibly input from observers, interviews, debriefs. To decide if and how to use observers for data collection, exercise managers may decide differently based on who the observers are. Info from observers may support evaluators, depending on the design of the exercise.
Mainly raw data, not information, that is available.
Making and registering the observations as soon as possible (in time and place) (INEGMA-E²)
Registering as many as possible facts in real time, possibly in field (FSX,TTX), improves the impartiality of collected observations due to avoiding opportunity for interpretation from the observers’ sides. Moreover, it helps to distribute observation collection activities in both phases: during and after the exercise, providing logistical advantage. Lastly, the observations are available in the evaluation database earlier, giving the opportunity to be used for introducing the corrections after each stage of the exercise, so the information use also for exercise conducting purposes.
Need of certification of evaluators (INEGMA-E²)
- Evaluators have different background, expertise - does an holistic certification make sense? Distinguish between different types of exercises and parts of exercises - minimum basic requirements
- Guarantees certain level of training of evaluators
- Set-up some kind of basic information that evaluators should get at the beginning of any exercise
- All evaluators should have some common knowledge on cross-cutting topics e.g. communication
- Standardises level of evaluators in certified issue i.e. knowledge, skill
- Documentation that will support training and certification of evaluators is supposed to assist both evaluators and exercise managers that will have the same expectations and preparations for an exercise
Framework information - "framing the exercise" (INEGMA-E²)
- very useful information - adds on value, pillar for exercise success
- framework information to understand certain actions - to reach certain goals!
- misconceptions of certain actions without knowing the general goals
- without framework information, uncertainty rises and degrades the quality of evaluation
- group dynamics and leadership processes, framework information helps to define this structures
- social interactions have to be addressed (communication, etc.)
- to know competent people during crisis (organizational social structure of all involved people has to be focused on to better understand certain processes)
- for "context" - available information for decision making (real vs exercise) and motivation/understanding amongst the training audience
Evaluation of Patient Decontamination in CBRN Events (INEGMA-E²)
When CBRN-events are simulated and casualties need to be decontaminated, the sucess of the decontamination has to be validated. Due to invisible substances (e.g. gases) and their high hazard potential, it poses a challenge to evaluators in exercises.
Procedures that participants follow (INEGMA-E²)
An evaluator needs to know why participants do certain things and whether they follow their own procedures, which are different from those of the evaluator's country, or whether they have no procedures but improvise.
Overcoming language barriers in exercise evaluation (AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH.)
Communication is a relevant factor in collaboration when carrying an exercise into execution. In order to provide a basis for a communication, that makes the integration of all participants possible, language barriers have to be taken into consideration.
Erstellung verwertbarer Informationen auf der Grundlage von Informationen aus mehreren Quellen (IFAFRI)
Die , verwertbare Informationen auf der Grundlage von Daten und Informationen aus mehreren Quellen zu erstellen
Back tracing of contact stations of infected persons (Johanniter Austria)
Within the patient and emergency transport we need to minimize the spread of diseases as best as possible to reduce the risk of our patients and staff. A complete disinfection of the ambulance cars after each transport is not possible, therfore we have to be aware of the risk of contamination.
Erkennung, Überwachung und Analyse von Bedrohungslagen und Gefahren in Echtzeit (IFAFRI)
Die zu Nachweis, Überwachung und Analyse passiver und aktiver Bedrohungen und Gefahren an Ereignisorten in Echtzeit
|Die Portfolio of Solutions Website wurde ursprünglich im Rahmen des DRIVER+ Projekts entwickelt. Heute wird das Service von der AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH. zum Nutzen des europäischen Krisenmanagements betrieben. PoS ist vom Disaster Competence Network Austria (DCNA) sowie von den H2020-Projekten STAMINA und TeamAware befürwortet und unterstützt.|